Friday, January 7, 2011

“Hey boy I really want to see if you can go down town with a girl like me”

I guess this is progress. At 11:11 tonight, instead of wishing for him to care, or to text, or anything I shouldn’t have to wish for, I wished that I will get over him.

It’s still a wish about a boy. But I think it’s heading in the right direction at least.

Because I like him so much, I’ve made so many excuses for his behaviour. Things which were really inexcusable. And it’s so easy to do too. Right now I’m picturing that night in his room. Or the night on my couch where even in his sleep, he reached across to hold my hand. 

What I am learning is that it is amazing what you will let someone get away with. I’ve always looked at my friends and marvelled at the fact that they get the most amazing guys. And now I realise it’s because from the very start, they have a tough love approach. “Treat me right from the beginning or not at all”.

It’s a policy I need to adopt, I think.

It’s one I think everyone has to adopt. You’ll never be treated right, if you let them get away with treating you wrongly.

I am intelligent.
I am fun.
I am easy going.
I am someone that any guy would be lucky to have.

And as for the “him” of this entry, he’ll realise it eventually. But I’ll be long gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment