Thursday, March 24, 2011

There's nothing wrong with loving who you are...

Haven't had a whole lot to say lately.

I've been sticking to this whole "no boys" rule that I came up with a few weeks ago. It's better for my health, but not really my social life.

I went back to Weight Watchers today, after a few weeks of not eating properly, not eating at all, or binge eating. It seems I can never strike a good balance for long. The good news is that I am down 11 lbs since I started, which is amazing. My fabulous American Eagle jeans that I bought last summer are in need of a belt and the legs are baggy. Things are going back in the right direction, at least. I dreamt of my hotpants last night. All I've been thinking of to motivate myself in my weight loss is wearing these shorts and looking damn good in them at Oxegen this year.

If I have another motivation, I'm sure no one would blame me. More than anything, this summer, I want to look amazing. I want to look thin, I want to feel confident, and I want to bump into every single one of those boys who didn't think I was enough, and I want to show them what they could have had.

Some of the girls and I have set a shopping date for a few months time. New wardrobe for our new bodies.

I know that being thin is not going to solve all of my problems. I know that what is on the outside doesn't matter nearly as much as who I am. But for all my life, I have been unhappy with how I look. This is me changing it. I know I am going this for the right reasons. This isn't because I think boys won't want me as I am (I have had more than my fair share of guys who have no shortage of hot girls wanting them). This is for me. I really believe that now.

Maybe it's shallow. But if I can look in the mirror and like what I see, then maybe some other things will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment