Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kiss me like you wanna be loved...

Every time I think I'm close to being okay or even think I really am okay you find a way to creep in.

Saw your cousin today and she smiled and said hi. Saw your best friend, though he didn't see me.
Went to your bar tonight with an old friend that wanted to see you for herself.
There was no one behind the bar but you, you had no choice but to serve me.
I was friendly and I think as a result you responded in kind. Polite, no hostilities, no ignoring me.

You caught me looking a couple of times but that meant you were looking too.

Truth is I miss having you in my life and you've no idea what it meant that you called me by my name and exchanged pleasantries with me tonight.

I'd be your friend again in a heartbeat.

You're full of shit, but talking to you was always the highlight of my day.
Honestly, if you were to ask me to marry you, I wouldn't think for a second about you hurting me again.
The only consequence I would be afraid of is how much everyone would hate me for giving in.
I still would though.

No comments:

Post a Comment