Friday, December 23, 2011

I close my eyes and then you pull me in, I'm not much for dancing but for you I did...

It's Christmas. I'm drunk.

I had to go into your bar tonight to collect my keys from Emily.
I saw you in passing behind the bar, but you didn't see me.

I keep thinking lately about Last Kiss by Taylor Swift
"Life of the party, you're showing off again
I roll my eyes and then you pull me in,
I'm not much for dancing but for you I did"

All I can think about is that night, in Club Shed, we'd said goodnight to Emily, put her to bed and went back outside to the music, you pulled me in and started slow dancing with me, complete with dips and twirls.

Emily, when I walked into the bar tonight, was singing Wasn't Expecting That, by Jamie Lawson. It's always been the song I associated with you, ever since we met.

I keep finding reasons to hate you but nothing seems to work. It doesn't matter how much time has passed, I still love you as if I were still with you.

I don't know how to not be in love with you.
I wish I could not be in love with you.
Why won't you realise that you loved me too, and that you miss me?
A pipe dream I know.
I'd still marry you, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment