Thursday, February 10, 2011

You can get what you want or you can just get old...

Airports are hell on earth, buses are uncomfortable, and trains are cold. I romanticise them in a way that I can't explain. I want to travel again. San Francisco was two of the best weeks of my life. I always imagined I would have seen so much more of the world than I have, at this point. I left Dublin, came home, and have been lost to static and stillness ever since. I need to start moving again. 


I don't know where my heart lies. I think I could happily spend my life in San Francisco. but maybe I need to keep looking for a while too. Melbourne looks incredibly appealing right now too. And maybe I'll end up following my heart right back home, or maybe I'll find something I never thought I would. I guess I won't know until I go, and I think maybe it's time I went looking, to see where my heart lies, and what it will find when I get there. 


Happiness is the shine on the street after the rain. It is the quiet moments in a busy city. It is exploring with friends, laughing, loving, dreaming, planning. It's making memories, taking photos and making collages in your mind, and on canvases too. It's in exploring the new, it's in facing your fears, it's in that perfect song that you listen to on repeat when you can't get out of bed because that little piece of music is the only thing keeping you awake. It's soft duvets, the smell of someone beside you. The knowledge that even if the spot beside you is empty, you are the greatest love that you will ever know. It's in all of the little moments that you have every day, and never notice. 


Time to start noticing. 
Time to get my happiness back. 
Time to get myself back. 



No comments:

Post a Comment